Monday, March 23, 2009

me, teach?

So, I’ve gotten an offer be an instructor. Teaching is about the last career path I ever wanted, as I mentioned fairly early on. But the economy is in the dumps, as you may have noticed, and this pays, well, ok money. I don’t have any real fear of public speaking anymore – my graduate program was pretty heavy on presentations, so I got lots of practice.

Unlike, say, my TA experience, this instructing gig involves a subject I know well. And I’ll be instructing adults, so hopefully they won’t make it their mission to drive me out of the classroom. Also, the course has a detailed syllabus already and I’ll have a good deal of institutional support. We’ll see how it goes, but I’m going to maintain radio silence on this for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You know - if it pays rent and food... :)

Silver Fox said...

Well, congrats on the job! Hope it works out well. Sounds like it should.