My sweetie and I are starting to plan our next big adventure. We've got a couple different ideas, but we haven't decided on anything yet. So here's my question for globe-traveling readers - do you have any suggestions?
Here's our criteria:
1. Our timeframe is next spring (early April to early June).
2. We don't want to go anywhere super hot or overwhelmingly crowded.
3. Target location is outside the US, but no more than a 10-hour flight from the east coast.
4. Nifty scenery (human or natural).
5. I'd like to be able to cross something off my list of "things every geologist should see", but nothing too exciting. No erupting volcanoes, please!
6. Our last grand adventure was in the northern Alps, so we're looking for somewhere new.
I may keep a bunch of suggestions in mind for future adventures as well, so feel free to suggest different places!