Monday, September 26, 2016

yet another try

So this time I took a six-month break, more or less.

Here's the thing. I am not in a position to be observing or participating in routine environmental work on a regular basis. This is great for me personally and professionally - I oversee and am responsible for defending some pretty cool science instead. But I am in a very small industry, in a particular geographic area. I'm planning on keeping this blog focused on the experiences that a larger number of geologists/field people can relate to, and retaining my own pseudonymity.

I am not generating blog-worthy observations at the rate I was when I started out. I have quite a few experiences that are still "aging" - I'd love to talk about them because they're good stories, but they're a little too specific to me.

I will never get back to the frequency that I posted back in 2008 and early 2009, when I had years of stories that were waiting to be told. But I will try to keep it to 1-2 posts per week. Wish me luck!

No comments: