Wednesday, January 27, 2010

more bad news

I just posted recently about the loss of sciencewomen, and now Brazen Hussy has announced that her blog will be ending in the near future. How depressing.

One of the things I liked about Brazen Hussy's blog was her photos of angry birds (check out her "birds" tag). I've thought in the past, "gee, those photos may be somewhat identifying...". In the post I linked to, she mentions being found out by both readers and real-life acquaintances.

I've been in some fairly interesting/amusing places for fieldwork. And I've gone as far as taking some photos (with no obvious identifying details, like road signs) of these places with the intent of posting them, but I'm afraid that they'll still be somewhat identifiable. Maybe I'll post them years from now, when everybody I've ever worked with has forgotten them...

2 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Awww, don't worry, I think I'll still be around in some form. My husband and I are thinking of reviving another blog we started together and went nowhere with... (http://booksnbooz.blogspot.com/)

Actually, it wasn't the birds that did me in. I never posted a photo of my focal species. It was the damn book cover!

Short Geologist said...

Books and booze, eh? You just combined 2 of my favorite things!