Monday, December 13, 2010

12 months of accidental remediation

It's the end of the year. Time for the 12 months meme - what's the first line (and link to the post) for the first post of each month?

I've been tagged by Silver Fox, so here goes:

I had a spectacularly unproductive year, blogging-wise, so I'm stretching the rules a little. If I had a post that didn't say anything except for apologizing for being absent, I picked the next one. If I had a first line or two saying the same thing, I picked the next line.

January:

Last year, I mentioned some resolutions. So how'd I do?

February:

In the past I've had long-term field assignments in very small towns or very depressed areas; places with a minimal selection of places to eat.

March:

Ok, I'm back! And boy, did I miss out on some geology-related stuff.

April:

Every spring when it finally warms up and I get into the field, I think, gee, this weather's terrific!

May:

In environmental consulting, most of the gear is paid for by the company: the equipment, the supplies, the use of a vehicle for fieldwork (or reimbursement for using your own - my least favorite option).

June:

In her recent discussion of journal clubs, FSP mentions that she considers the process of dissecting a paper (not necessarily in a savage or overly negative way) to be a critical skill.

July:

I'm still catching up on my blog reading, so this is a late response to Brazen Hussy's post about the disappointing result of her job search.

August:

Here's my excuse for being AWOL: it's really frickin' hot out.

September:

I seem to be on a scheduling kick in my recent posts, but I just read Isis's post about working hours for grad students and it reminded me of my own experience.

October:

I'm in a motel room now, nursing a minor burn on my knee.

November:

Chris Rowan is moving to the US, following his 3rd postdoc.

December:

I got a new GPS with traffic avoidance software to replace the old Garmin, which lasted less than 2 years (that's a story for later).

No comments: