Friday, January 30, 2009

babyface?

Three people in as many weeks have professed astonishment (astonishment!) when they found out I am x age. Each time, it was a different situation, but in each I was doing something professional. I told one person, “but I have crow’s feet and gray hair!” (ok, not much...but it seems pretty visible to me!) and she shrugged me off by saying her mother had gray hair in high school.

I’m not exactly sure why I look so young. It’s not just my small stature – I have lots of petite friends who don’t have this problem. I don’t have a traditional “baby” face (wide-set eyes, round cheeks, full lips), so I’m not exactly sure what it is. I guess I’ll just have to wait for more gray hair to look the “appropriate” age.

1 comment:

Silver Fox said...

I don't know - I look young, also, but don't have a 'babyface'. My family tends toward looking younger than their age, including my dad, who isn't short like most of the rest of us.