Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

‘Tis the season for resolutions. Mine aren’t terribly earth-shattering.

1. Go back to working out 2x/week. No, really. I have a workout partner, and I’m going to try to make it into more of a mutual commitment rather than a mutual “do you feel like working out? Nah…let’s work out tomorrow night.”

2. Keep up with this blog. I’m anticipating a lot more fieldwork in upcoming months, so my output may shrink. We’ll see.

3. Plan and actually carry out a trip to somewhere exotic. Preferably somewhere I can cross off at least 1 geology thing I should see.

4. Keep up my correspondence with long-suffering friends. I like having friends all over the place, but it does mean I have to work at keeping up friendships that are important to me.

5. Trim some of my online preoccupations (I’m looking at you, lolcats and the AV club!) so that I can spend time on more interesting and meaningful stuff.

Happy new year, everyone!

No comments: