Wednesday, December 2, 2009

monthly meme

Ok, I got this one from drugmonkey. Post the link and first sentence from the first post of each month this year. Here's mine:

January: ‘Tis the season for resolutions.

February: If you do environmental work, at some point you may find yourself in an overgrown, nearly forgotten contaminated site.

March: I never know what to write when a job application or job website suggests listing hobbies.

April: April: So, when you give a presentation, do you have an introductory outline slide?

May: In college, I was under the impression that consulting paid lots of money.

June: I seem to have suffered more than my usual share of migraines recently (this is post-migraine-induced nap).

July: My sweetie is out at the weekly "cheesy 80s movie nite" at the local bar.

August: So, I haven't spent the last couple weeks in an internet-deprived wasteland.

September: ...and I don't want to talk about it.

October: I got a good bunch of comments on my last post.

November: Thanks to continual internet problems (gotta love travelling) I am hopelessly behind on my blog writing as well as my blog reading.

December: On the way to the field yesterday, I noticed a few cars on the side of the highway.

Not bad, although some of these aren't terribly descriptive.