Monday, January 20, 2014

blogspot time warp

I can't remember when I noticed this, but I have a 1-year mistake in my stats here at blogspot. When I look at my overall stats (stats, overview, change view of the chart to "all time") and hover my mouse over the individual data points on the chart, all the months are correct back to February 2009. But back further, they're off by a year. So it goes from February 2009 to January 2008, December 2007, and so forth, ending in July 2007, when the stats think I started the blog.

Anybody else have this issue?

5 comments:

Lockwood said...

Yep. I noticed this a couple of months back, but kind of shrugged it off. Mine is exactly the same transition mistake, and they have me blogging a year earlier than I actually started.

C W Magee said...

I see nothing before May 2007 (started dec 2005). After that:

Most of 2012 is missing.
Most of 2010 is missing.
Most of 2008 is missing.
For the even years it goes from Jan 2010 to Feb 2011, skipping the rest.

C W Magee said...

Also, although there are viewing stats on the individual posts from before May 2007 (where the graph starts), the highly read ones (e.g. http://lablemminglounge.blogspot.com.au/2006/07/geologic-mnemomics.html ) don't show up in the most-frequently-viewed compilation, even though google says they have enough page views to do so.
posts from skipped months do show up, though.

Garry Hayes said...

Yes, I've noticed the same thing on my Geotripper blog, with the same time gaps. I've wondered about it myself.

Short Geologist said...

Chuck, I went through and my "most read" summary also doesn't include a bunch of posts with higher numbers, including at least one from late 2012. I guess that's what we all get for using free software.