Thursday, April 29, 2010

freelance

The things you learn on facebook...

My cousin is a freelance writer who has a popular blog on writing. She makes enough to live on.

I like my psudonymity. Only two people in my life know about this blog, and one has never expressed the slightest interest in it. And that's fine. But when I found out about my cousin's blog, it was really hard not to immediately announce "I have a blog, too! And sometimes I even have commenters!" on her wall.

Note to self: if you tell 136 of your nearest and dearest that you write this blog called "accidental remediation", you can kiss your pseudonymity aside.

It is sort of tempting, though.

2 comments:

Silver Fox said...

I have told some people, only to find that mosly they aren't into checking blogs (even if they are on Facebook), and I get very minimal feedback from people I know IRL/non-blog.

Ogre Lawyer said...

I am sure that, despite a lack of expressed interest, the people you have told tune in on occasion to see what you are writing about.

As far as anonymity on the internet, its a very valuable thing. There are too many trolls, too many fishing scams, and too many hackers looking to steal personal information to make sharing everything a safe policy.