Wednesday, January 28, 2009

hubris

Remember when I said that I could eat everything in sight and never gain weight, blah, blah, blah?

Well, I mentioned a while back that I’d bought a suit, but with the potential of going out and wearing office attire on a regular basis, I decided to haul out my old work pants, which I had dutifully carted around but hadn’t worn since before I left for grad school.

Ugh. Turns out that not doing fieldwork and sitting on my ass for several months while writing my thesis has indeed had an impact. None of my office pants fit. I found a reliable scale and guess what: I’m at my top weight ever. Also, I had a significant uphill walk to grad school every day, and I think my thighs have increased and my arms/shoulders have atrophied, because all my old shirts fit fine. But those pants are now like sausage casings.

1 comment:

EcoGeoFemme said...

That sucks. But I love that you called this post "hubris". :)